D'oril. Beginning the Journey

D'oril.  Beginning the Journey

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Another week, time to reorganize

I apologize for not writing this last week, I plead all the usual reasons.  However, we have managed to finish our taxes, pending a review, and I've gotten a few dozen minutes in writing on Imperfect Hope.  I found some good inspiration recently, and I'm building on it...

     I'm still suppressing my inner critic, most of the time, but each time I write at work, I have to spend a few minutes reading something of what I've already done to get air traffic control out of my brain, and creativity back in.  Sometimes I can't resist amending something I reread.  They're small changes, often just a different word or rephrase a sentence.  I'm still holding off on the major rewrite, the one that comes after first draft is done.  In the back of my mind, I've come up with some major structural changes I want to fiddle with.  I keep toying with a flashback, even though it's considered a  poor choice in first novels, simply because it's done too frequently.  If I don't "flashback", I'll write the segment I've in mind, and it will either become part of Imperfect Hope's opening chapters, or it will be the core of the "prequel".  More to come.

     In the area of character development, Randir and Cerryn have some minor changes due, for one, I'm considering making Randir slightly more "human".  I want to do this to portray the evolution of the K'tath following the contact that Brandis brought in the "era" before Imperfect Hope.  It will make the relationship between he and Cerryn more understandable, though I still intend to keep the tension between them high due to the cultural differences.  I'm still not sure where it goes, even within Imperfect Hope.  Dilemna's... 

     Anyway...  This week promises to be another busy one, but I've intentions to finish the scene I'm working on.  Perhaps I'll toss a blurb your way later this week...

Clear skies,
Jim


No comments: