D'oril. Beginning the Journey

D'oril.  Beginning the Journey

Friday, January 23, 2009

We'll be back, right after this commercial...

Hello, all...

Mirror site seems to be up and running, Though Scribefire took a nose dive on me yesterday, so I'll be cut/pasting until I figure out what configuration setting I need to change. I'll be evaluating which blog system I prefer over the course of several weeks/months. In the meantime...

I'll be offline for a week starting tomorrow, short trip to visit Irma's dad in California, followed by a stay at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park to regrow some brain cells. I'm considering doing some writing during my down time, though images of Jack Nicholson in "The Shining" typing 'all work and no play makes jack a dull boy' over and over come to mind. We are going to take a history/ghost tour while we're there, just for grins. I'll definately write about that when I get back, sighting or no sighting.

Besides the relaxation, We'll probably do some snowshoeing while we're up there. It's been a very dry year here in Longmont, but the mountains are at or above average snowpack levels for this time of year. There's something pristine and inspiring about the mountains this time of year, in a large part because there are not very many other visitors up there on the weekdays. There'll be some D'oril inspirations found, I'm sure...

Anyway, look for more to come after next week, and keep those cards and letters (or comments and emails) coming. Clear skies,

Jim

No comments: