D'oril. Beginning the Journey

D'oril.  Beginning the Journey

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mirror, Mirror

     Mid January has come and gone, we've been having an unusually warm spell, reaching 70 the last couple of days.  I guess this will counter the unusually cold spell we had in December.  Looks like snow this weekend...  Maybe...

     I"m starting an experiment, a mirror blog site. This one is through wordpress, a bit more detailed than blogger in some ways.  For one, it will allow more detailed commentary from guests, and I'll be able to create multiple pages.  One thing I'm planning on is a page for each of my writing projects.  I'll use the page to write down plot lines and character notes in more detail, and hopefully get some comments on interest, and perhaps suggestions, as well as provide a reference source for me while I'm writing.  I'll also be able to "tag" my postings, something I'll explore in more detail as I figure the whole site out.  Finally,  Wordpress seems to be more capable of adding music files and/or photo's, with one of the extra pages, for example, I can post a bunch of photos from vacations, or what not.  If Wordpress seems as useful as it appears to me, perhaps I'll switch to it as primary, but mirroring right now won't be difficult because...

     I'm using a new Firefox attachment, called Scribefire.  This too is an experiment for me, it will allow me to write offline, then easily post to both blogs with three mouse clicks.  As I get better at using it, I'll be able to track my categories more easily as well.  I'll know it's working when this post gets online.

     The D'oril Wordsmith page is http://doriltales.wordpress.com/  .  Give it a try and drop me a comment here or there to let me know what you think.  I did make a couple of structural changes to the blogspot D'oriltales site, and added "Blogs I'm following" on the bottom of the page.  (This may move to the side bar after I evaluate it.)

     Clear skies,
     Jim

No comments: