D'oril. Beginning the Journey

D'oril.  Beginning the Journey

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thursday Stuff

Yeesh. Low grade ickyness (technical term) all week finally let go today, though it wasn't until after I left work. In fact, it wasn't until I'd forced myself to get off my duff and go to the YMCA with Irma, about 20 minutes into the stationary bicycle. Suddenly, I noticed, headache gone, no scratchy throat. Veerry Interesting.....

We went to see Stardust at the movies monday. I highly recommend it, a wonderful tale. Similar to Princess Bride in atmosphere. Sorry, kids, no blood or bad words. Some wonderful acting by Robert DeNiro, among others. It's not often Irma and I both say we want to see the movie again, and not just 'when it comes out on DVD'.

Inspiration. The low grade ickyness (technical term) has really sapped my desire to write this week, though I'm feeling more up to it tonight. Looking at Imperfect Hope, one thing I really want to emphasize in the tale is depth of character and setting. Practice exercises will continue to help me hone those skills. (Though Dialogue is another weakness. aww, heck. admit it, everything need work. ((silence, inner critic))) Developing character histories helps with the depth aspect. Setting just takes practice. So here goes.....

Feel free to comment to me. Who knows, I might just learn something.....

TTFN,
Jim

No comments: