D'oril. Beginning the Journey

D'oril.  Beginning the Journey

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Kauai Lighthouse


Posted by PicasaOn the eastern coast of Kauai is the Kilauea lighthouse, set on a clifftop protruding into the Pacific ocean. When we were there this last time, strong winds came from offshore, and the albatross and other sea birds were soaring up the cliff face, circling out to sea, then diving down in search of food. Far below, the waves smashed the cliff face. It was, to say the least, exhilarating. The photo above is looking south, along the coastline from the base of the lighthouse.


I think this image is one I've kept in mind for another of my writing projects, Light house, Light home. Its isolation from civilization (a long, winding road leads to the peninsula upon which it sits) brings an image that fits a story very well. I'm still mulling over the plot of course, it's one of those projects that won't go away, I keep coming up with enhancements and ideas. Ghost singer is an off shoot of this project, a way of developing one possible character in a prequel.
So, from this picture, I suspect I'll soon post the proverbial thousands words that it is worth. Stay tuned.....
TTFN,
Jim

No comments: